Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sad story from the college football world...


Here is a truly tragic story I found on the web this weekend. This one from Notre Dame. Matt James, a Notre Dame football recruit, fell to his death at a hotel on Friday. According to the story, James fell from a fifth story Days Inn hotel room while vacationing for spring break in Panama City. According to witnesses James had too much to drink and was leaning over the rail "shaking his finger" at people in the next room. That's when he fell over the rail to his unfortunate death. James was an All-State player in Ohio and was Brian Kelly's first signee.

My heart and prayers go out to the James family. This story touched me personally because many of us have been in this very situation, including myself. Underage...Partying in Panama City...Too much to drink...Leaning over the rail etc...

For those of you who have not been there, most of the hotels (I stayed in the Holiday Inn both years I went) are built in a "C" shape so that you can see and talk to the other guests. I saw several people almost fall and guys jumping from balcony to balcony. Obviously, if the hotel catches you you'll get in trouble, but you're talking about watching 5000 16 to 24 year olds, twenty-four hours a day on spring break....That's an impossible task.

So when I saw this story, I decided to post it because it hit home with me and I knew it would hit home with a lot of yall too. You can view the actual article from Chicago's WGN News below.

Death of Matt James

No comments:

Post a Comment