Sunday, February 28, 2010
I have recently written another "On The Recruiting Trail" article for my fine Auburn folks at AuburnEagle.com. In the article, I go in depth on a Top 50 list of who Auburn is recruiting the hardest at the present time. You can check it out below...
On Saturday, four former Auburn baseball players were inducted into Auburn's "Wall of Fame" at a ceremony at Plainsman Park. Bo Jackson, Greg Olson, Tim Hudson and Frank Thomas were all honored with a mural on the "Wall of Fame" for their efforts in making Auburn baseball what it is today. Below is each players Auburn bio...
Rollison had a rocky start with the Tigers and never really seemed to fit in. He was suspended for a violation of team rules last year and finally had worked his way back into good standing with the Auburn coaches recently. He returned to the team however, with new talent and stiffer competition at QB, as the Tigers had signed the #1 overall Juco player in the country in Cam Newton. This apparently did not sit well with Rollison and he announced his decision to transfer shortly after. Rollison will finish out the spring semester at AU and then take his talents to Sam Houston St.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
..."To be the only school in the SEC with no turnover says a lot. It says a lot about our leader, Coach Chizik. The future is bright. Something special is happening here. We all want to be part of it.' You can check out the full, three page article below. http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20100225/SPORTS0402/2250323/1002/sports/Auburn-football-Malzahn-intense-on-subject-of-offense
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
QB - Kiehl (Kyle) Frazier - 6'3" - 215 - 4.6 forty - Springdale, Ark - AU/ARK/LSU/Miami/Mich/N.D. - Staking his claim to the best dual-threat QB in high-school football is Kiehl Frazier. He put up ridiculous numbers as a junior, throwing for 3,817 yards and 48 TD's. He also ran for 746 yards and added 14 more TD's on the ground. Auburn would love to get Frazier and so would everyone else in the country. Right now, he seems to be wide open. - Highlight Video
QB - Stephen Rivers - 6'6" - 200 - Athens, AL - TN/UCLA/Stanford/NC State/Arizona St/AU/AL - Younger brother of Phillip. He has offers already from some big schools in TN, Arizona St. and UCLA. A lot of schools, including Auburn are following him very closely and could offer at any time. Stephen has already visited AU and if Auburn were to offer, I think they would be in pretty good shape. - Highlight Video
QB - Chris Nelson - 6'2" - 225 - 4.6 forty - Theodore, AL - AU/AL/TN/Ole Miss/UCLA/UAB - Nelson does not have an offer from Auburn right now but he is definitly one to watch. With a good senior year his stock will sky-rocket.
- WR - Danny Woodson Jr. - 6'2" - 200 - 4.5 forty - Mobile, AL - AU/AL
- WR - Shamir Jeffery - 6'2" - 195 - 4.6 forty - St. Matthews, SC - AU/S.Car/TN/KY/Ga Tech
- WR - Daryl Collins - 6'0" - 190 - 4.5 forty - Gadsden, AL - AU/AL/TN/LSU/USC
- WR - Collins Moore - 6'2" - 185 - 4.5 forty - Madison, AL - AU/AL/Clemson/UCLA
- WR - Ty Montgomery - 6'0" - 205 - 4.5 forty - Dallas, TX - Committed to Stanford, but AU continues to recruit him. - Highlight Video
- WR - Nickolas Brassell - 6'2" - 175 - Batesville, MS - Ole Miss/Miss St./LSU/AU/AL
- TE - Collin Jarbo - 6'4" - 200 - Gadsden, AL - AL/AU/FSU/Clemson/KY
- OL - Spencer Region - 6'6" - 330 - Cullman, AL - AU Commit - Highlight Video
- OL - Reese Dismukes - 6'3" - 272 - Spanish Fort, AL - AU/AL/FSU - He likes all 3 but is probably an AU lean at this time. Projected as a center in college.
- OL - Brey Cook - 6'7" - 315 - Springdale, Ark - AU/Ark/OK/AL
- OL - Watts Dantzler - 6'7" - 315 - Dalton, GA - AU/UGA/TN/AL/FSU - Highlight Video
- OL - Jordan Prestwood - 6'6" - 250 - Plant City, FL - AU/N.D./FSU/S.Car/USF
- OL - Jamar Lewter - 6'7" - 265 - Washington, D.C. - AU/UNC/Pitt/Utah
- OL - Antonio Richardson - 6'6" - 285 - Nashville, TN - TN/UGA/AU/AL/FL/KY
- OL - Gregory Robinson - 6'5" - 296 - Thibodaux, LA - AU/LSU/Ark
- OL - Christian Westerman - 6'5" - 290 - Chandler, AZ - AU/N.D./FL/LSU/OK/UGA
- OL - Thomas O'Reilly - 6'3" - 315 - Marietta, GA - AU/Ga Tech/N.C. St/Vandy
- OL - Denzel Lott - 6'3" - 295 - Pritchard, AL - AU/AL/UAB
- OL - Thomas Williams - 6'4" - 290 - Pritchard, AL - FSU/AU/AL
- DE - Jabrian Niles - 6'3" - 225 - 4.5 forty - 300 Bench - Mobile, AL - AU/AL/FL/FSU/Ole Miss - Niles grew up an AU fan and really likes Auburn, but AU hasn't offered yet. He does have offers from a lot of other big time schools such as FL, FSU, Ole Miss and AL and it wouldn't be surprising to see AU offer soon, as they are recruiting him hard. If AU offers, expect them to be the odds on favorite for his signature.
- DE - Kameron Wood - 6'4" - 220 - 4.6 forty - Birmingam, AL - AU leads
- DE/DT - LaMichael Fanning - 6'6" - 285 - Auburn, AL - AU/AL/UGA/TN/UNC/Clem
- DE/DT - Deion Nickson - 6'1" 225 - Brundidge, AL - AU is watching closely. Cousin of Chris Nickson.
- DT - Samuel Harvil - 6'1" - 255 - 530 Bench - Springdale, Ark - Kansas St./OK/Ark/AU - Highlight Video
- DT - Gavin Rocker - 6'3" - 225 - Tyrone, GA - AU is watching very closely. Son of David Rocker and nephew of AU defensive line coach Tracy.
- DT - Seth Thomas - 6'2" - 265 - Madison, AL - AU/AL
- DT - Bo Tillman - 6'6" - 280 - Wesson, MS - AU/Miss
- LB - Denzel Perryman - 6'0" - 200 - Coral Gables, FL - AU/FL/FSU/UGA/LSU/TN
- LB - James Vaughters - 6'2" - 235 - 4.6 forty - Tucker, GA - AU/AL/FL/UGA/USC/TN/Ohio St. - Highlight Video
- LB - Chris Landrum - 6'2" - 215 - 4.6 forty - Sweet Water, AL - AU/AL/FSU/Clemson
- LB - Shaquille Roberson - 6'3" - 210 - Notasulga, AL - AU/AL
- LB - Devaunte Sigler - 6'4" - 225 - 4.6 forty - Mobile, AL - AU/AL/UAB
- LB - Eddie Johnson - 6'1" - 205 - 4.6 forty - Selma, AL - AU is showing interest.
- LB - Desmond Willis - 6'1" - 215 - 4.5 forty - 390 Bench - 570 Squat - Lincoln, AL - Clemson/KY/AU/AL
- LB - Desmond Lavelle - 6'0" - 225 - 4.6 forty - Decatur, AL - AU/AL/UAB
- LB - Maleki Harris - 6'3" - 195 - Cordova, AL - AU/UAB - Highlight Video
- LB - Antonio Marsh - 6'2" - 200 - 4.5 forty - 35 inch vertical - Prichard, AL - S.Carolina/AL/AU/UAB
- LB - Demarcus Sherod - 6'2" - 225 - 4.7 forty - Decatur, GA - AU/OK/Oregon - AU leads early.
- CB - Cameron Martin - 6'2" - 170 - Mobile, AL - Has an early offer from AU.
- CB - Eric Dixon - 5'11" - 175 - 4.5 forty - Mobile, AL - FSU/AU/AL
- S - Erique Florence - 6'2" - 180 - 4.5 forty - Valley, AL - AU/AL/FL/UGA/LSU - Highlight Video
- S - Emmanuel Johnson - 5'10" - 175 - 4.5 forty - 36 inch vertical - Garland, AL - AU/AL/Troy/UAB
- S - Anthony Swain - 6'2" - 185 - 4.6 forty - Gadsden, AL - TN/AL/AU/UAB
- S - Rico Dunn - 6'2" - 185 - Oak Mountain, AL - UAB/AU/AL
- S - Christion Jones - 6'0" - 185 - 4.5 forty - Adamsville, AL - TN/AU/AL/Louisville
- S - Wayne Lyons - 6'1" - 190 - 4.5 forty - Fort Lauderdale, FL (Dillard) - FSU/AU/N.D./Ohio St/AL/USC/TN/Ole Miss - Highlight Video
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
The Auburn mens basketball team beat Georgia Wednesday night 82-63....That's right 82-63. After last weeks overtime loss, as well as several other extremely close games this season, Jeff Lebo finally got a little bit of a breather.
Auburn jumped out early and coasted. Lucas Hargrove was the player of the game with his sixth double, double of the year. Hargrove had 24 of Auburn's 82 points and brought down 11 rebounds as well.
Auburn now claws back to even overall at 12-12 and improve to 3-6 in the SEC. The Tigers next game is at Miss St. on Saturday.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Matt Nunelee and our friends at the Bleacher Report have published an outstanding article on the Tigers 2010 offensive line today. In the article, Nunelee breaks down each of Auburn's offensive linemen, including the class of 2010 newcomers and gives Tiger fans an idea of what to expect in the upcoming year down in the trenches. Check out the full article below...
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
From time to time, I will post a joke of the day that is tickling my fancy. This one is an oldie but a goodie. Enjoy....
Chris Low, a fantastic writer from ESPN has written an article about the top "Newcomers to Watch in the SEC in 2010". He gives his top 5 newcomers to watch for the 2010 season, as well as a blurb about each of his top 5.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
“Some stuff happened (Friday) night, and then this morning I chose Auburn,” Region told AuburnSports.com. “There were a lot of Alabama fans (at the announcement) because I guess they took me for granted. They thought I was a lock.
I felt like I was taken for granted even by the coaching staff at Alabama. That’s just not where I need to be. I’m not about to go into that kind of program.”
"I’m old-fashioned. I think a commitment is a commitment.” (Unless that commitment happens to have been made by a player to another school or is in a contract with Toledo, Michigan State, LSU or the Miami Dolphins).
Check out the full article below...
Saturday, February 6, 2010